Thursday, February 22, 2007

Loose Pants = Progress

The simplest possible math. Less than two weeks of working out and I'm already noticing improvements. My pants are considerably looser and I have taken one belt notch off my waist. In addition, the cool leather jacked I bought in January that was SNUG around my chest and belly now has a little room. I feel like part of me is melting away (what a world, what a world) - but in a good way (what a world! what a world!).
Did a quick stint on the bike this morning (just over 20 minutes) and I wish I would have gotten by shit together enough to get there earlier (on time) so I could have done more. I noticed a slight improvement in my cardiovascular performance over last week. I had to jack up the resistance to get my heart rate up and it took a little longer to get there this time. Similarly, I have noticed in my weight lifting that my stamina is increasing rapidly. The first night, I was panting and sweating wildly after the first set. Yesterday morning, I was winded, but not panting, sweating, but not dripping, until the last set of the second triplet (end of the workout).
So, overall, I'm happy thus far with the progress, I must say.

No comments: