Monday, February 5, 2007

Joined the Gym

Okay, so we finally joined the gym. It's about time. So, I'm setting a goal for myself. We're planning to go back to Cabo at the end of May, so I'm going to try and lose 30 pounds by the time we leave. That gives me until May 25th.

I've got a call into a personal trainer - Mark, I think. Hopefully we'll be able to hook up one evening this week and work up a routine. The name of the game seems to be weight loss and cardiovascular fitness. The tough thing right now is staying away from all the unhealthy things I love: chips, beer, burgers, more chips...

I also signed us up for organic veggie delivery service. We've gotten one box thus far and I have been very happy with the food. We're really bad about actually buying vegetables at the store and then really cooking them. The nice thing with this service is that they include recipes as well for the items they bring. It may be time for another delivery...

Gotta waddle...

4 comments:

Michelle Cavagnuolo said...

Proud of you son! Why it was just the other day I was sitting down and noticed that what I affectionatly refer to as happy roll number 3 was growing ever so much WIDER than the doughboy middle that is my belly. Thankfully I am going full hog for prego-ville so it should round out quite nicely for me. Hey, if the whole "personal trainer" bit doesn't satisfy ya, you'd be the only guy in a sea of Mission Dist. chickas in my bellydance class!

Michelle Cavagnuolo said...

Can I tempt ya? Here's something newsworthy that I found while at DrinkBoy's site.

http://www.drinktrader.com

Press Release Oct 2006

Woodford Reserve is to expand distribution of its limited production Master's Collection from the beginning of this month. The first whiskey released in the collection, Woodford Reserve Four Grain Bourbon, is the only Bourbon in the world to be distilled solely in copper pot stills, owner Brown-Forman claims.

Four Grain was released in Kentucky last autumn, but this roll-out marks the first time it is available for sale in 16 states; California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. Kentucky will also receive a second supply of Four Grain during the release.

The Bourbon, bottled at a 92.4 proof and individually numbered, will retail at US$79.99 for a 750ml bottle in major metro markets. Only 750 cases are available.

"We were overwhelmed with the response Four Grain received in Kentucky," said Wayne Rose, brand director of Woodford Reserve. "We knew we had a pretty special whiskey on our hands, but we never anticipated it selling out in a matter of days. This allocation will likely sell just as quickly, with one small bottling next year before Four Grain disappears forever."

Chris said...

Yum. Okay, that's really tempting. Maybe I put that in my sports bottle...

jennifer said...

Good Job Chris!

We had the oranic produce delivery too. It was great but I kinda stopped and went to the farmers market route but I know whatcha mean, I buy them , then I forget to cook them! Our service gaveus morecarrots than anything so we got burned out! :0

And I am a serious Chip Addict! yikes! I love em'!