Friday, July 13, 2007

And then I'm all, "ooooohhhhh"

So, interesting day thus far (as I have low standards for entertainment). Had a nice ferry ride in chatting with Michelle C (see link to her blog at right) and The Dohmer (former coworker). I was feeling a tad hungry after my workout this morning (20 mins of invervallic training on the bike followed by some core strength training (and a nice quick steam). So, I don't have any cash on me, but I'm not worried - everybody takes debit. I belly up to the counter at Golden Gate Meat Co for some yummy goodness. Well, they've got a sign for a new thing - steak and egg sandwich for $7. Steak and eggs sounds good, but I already feel like I'm getting fiscally cornholed spending five bucks on a breakfast sammich. So, I ask for the "regular" breakfast sandwich.
I swipe my card, put in my PIN, etc, and I notice she's charging me $.25 for using the debit card. Normally, I resent being charged a fee for these kind of things, but I'm in a good mood (and I'm really hungry) so I just leave it be. I pay my $5.25, get the sammich, and start walking. So, I'm still in the Ferry Building, I've got my sunglasses on, so I can't see really well. I open up the wrapper on the sammich and take a bite and the bacon doesn't taste right. It's NOT smoky, it's NOT salty, it's just kinda wrong. I stop and look at the sandwich (now with a huge chunk out of it) and figure out IT'S STEAK - once I recalibrated and expected to taste steak, the sammich was really good.
So, that's it - no real point, but, that's life.

1 comment:

~Michelle~ said...

Mmmmmm, steak sammich!!!!