Friday, April 6, 2007

News from the (sweaty) front

Okay. It's been a while since I started the working out thing and it was really tough at first. Now I'm really enjoying it and it's going well. I've started adding some more exercises and changing up the cardio a bit, and I'm really happy with the results.
I got on the scale the other morning (yes, ladies, NAKED. put that in your pipe and smoke it...) and weighed in at 246.5 - down about 20 lbs from when I started. I'm also down a pants size (and they're starting to get a little baggy) and wearing shorts I haven't worn in a while. So, I'm thinking, I've probably lost somewhere around 35-40 pounds of actual fat because I've added a lot of muscle (I'm not being vain - I'm really serious on this). I'm noticing it in all sorts of ways. I don't notice my backpack when walking anymore, I rip right up the stairs, I walk faster than anyone around me (going to and from work/ferry), and I'm regularly bumping up my weights.
The really wild thing is how it's changed my golf game. All of a sudden, I hit the ball high. Not just high, mind you, Rick James high. Really fucking high. Twice the height of the trees high. I've never been able to do that. The drawback of all this is that now I need to figure out how far I hit the ball with all the new strength. I went out to Mare Island the other day to play/practice and I was easily two clubs longer than normal. I kept blasting the ball over the green! I'm not complaining, it's just weird. So, I went out again the other night (after work) and managed to get in a couple of holes. I hit two or three shots into the green with different clubs and marked the distance with my SkyCaddie (if you golf, you need one). To my amazement, I was consistently much, much longer with each club. 5 iron: 195, 2 iron: 245, lob wedge: 115, 3 wood: chunk (I hate the three wood - maybe I'll be like Mike and get a 15 degree rescue).
Anyway, I'm not complaining - it's all good. Everything else is good too. Some minor issues with people losing their little minds, but I don't really give a fuck. Seriously, life's too short - everyone needs to just get on over their shit. Seriously. Work's great. Lots to do and I feel like I'm making a little progress here and there. Got to bring in a guy I really like working with, so that's a good time. He's enjoying the job and I like having him on the team because I know stuff will get done right.
What else.... Booked our fall vacation. We're going to San Jose del Cabo for a week, staying in a brand new resort (thanks to the fabulous Ms. Elena Garcia). Still need to book a car and all that, but that can wait. So, just have to hold out until July, then the next one is in October. I'd still really like to fit in a Bandon Dunes trip on a 3 day weekend or something. Maybe that'll have to wait until next year (been saying that for ten years now).
Michelle's been great. She took some amazing photos during her trip to Paris. I think we'll have to go back in 2008 and do it right. I think we'll spend a week in Scotland, then maybe hop down to the continent for a few. I'd really like to go back to Germany - especially Berlin. I've heard the mix of old and new architecture is amazing - can't wait to see it!!
Well, the chicken's ready and I've done enough purging for one evening. Time to chow down.

3 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Great job on your workouts!

Looking forward to our upcoming travels!

xoxo

Michelle Cavagnuolo said...

I was RIGHT! I can spot a 20 drop anywhere! Good going! Ah about that I can walk faster than anyone bit... I have to say RACE YA. I will speed walk you any day. You're ON!

I guess I should post something witty on my blog now that everyone is back to writing again. Was nice to take a break tho.

Michelle Cavagnuolo said...

P.S. My little sis is now totin her music on a Podshow spinoff. I have her link under Baby Sis on my blog and thought, Wow the world is getting smaller. Worlds are colliding JERRY, WORLDS ARE COLLIDING!