Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Tattoo


I'm headed to Santa Cruz tomorrow to see Benja at Pleasure Point Tattoo to have some more color work done on my latest tattoo, a modern take on a traditional Japanese water dragon. Last year, we worked on the tattoo once a month or so (it covers my entire right arm from below the elbow to the top of the shoulder) but stopped after the June session because I got so busy with work.
Now, almost seven months later, I finally have some time to head down there for the day. Ian's coming with me to provide moral support and keep the post tattoo pain relief (probably whiskey and cigars) flowing as appropriate. I haven't checked to see what bands are playing tomorrow night, but, since it's Santa Cruz, there's bound to be something happening. The photo (right) is a little old, but it's the only one I have.
The tattoo is actually a lot farther along than in this photo. Hopefully we'll be able to get the rest of the dragon colored in and spend some time on the claw and pearl on the elbow (one of my favorite spots).

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Good luck Chris!

I really like this one, very cool. Cannot wait to see it when we come down in March! The colors must be amazing!

Have fun in Santa Cruz!